Holidays can be stressful for everybody and especially seniors who may have some physical challenges but won’t admit it. Here are some tips to make it better for everybody.
- Make Healthy Choices: Prepare meals with others in mind
- Stay Hydrated: Have water very accessible
- Follow Dietary Restrictions: Keep healthy options on the table
- Drink in Moderation: Careful, alcohol with medications can cause problems
- Keep Exercising: Take a walk after dinner or go to the mall and window shop
- Shake up Traditions: Let younger family members help with meal preparation
- Decrease Gifts: Fixed incomes limit seniors ability to splurge
- Rest after Traveling: Watch TV or take a nap after a long travel
- Make Homes Accessible: Prepare your senior guest’s bedroom near the bathroom
- Take Breaks: Carve time out for a little R & R
- Stay Involved: Helping out keeps them feeling relevant.
Check out the whole article: www.care.com/c/stories/5708/holiday-health-for-seniors/
We are here whenever you need help planning for your fourth quarter.